[Linphone-developers] Distorted sound in Linphone ALSA

From: Suncatcher16
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Distorted sound in Linphone ALSA
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 05:11:52 -0700 (MST)

Hi there,
my issue seems to be somewhat similar  to this one
<https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/linphone-developers/2011-01/msg00040.html>

, however I hace the last 3.9.1_1231 version.
When I play ringtone with aplay it sounds brilliantly, however when I play
it via Linphone (no matter via Prefs or during incoming call) I hear garbage
from speakers.
Here are samples:
foo <https://clyp.it/en4h2h23#>   - original
foo2 <https://clyp.it/icbjxlgf>   - recording of what is heard in Linphone

As I'm a newbie in Linphone, I wasn't able to find ALSA_PERIOD_SIZE as
proposed in the above old thread. Should I rebuild Linphone from scratch?