[Linphone-developers] Failure to reregister to sip server

From: Yonatan Nir
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Failure to reregister to sip server
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 08:07:52 +0000

Hi,

I am using Linphone for Android.
When a connection is lost with the sip server, I'm using the following code to reregister to the server:

linphoneCore.getDefaultProxyConfig().edit();
linphoneCore.getDefaultProxyConfig().enableRegister(true);
linphoneCore.getDefaultProxyConfig().done();
linphoneCore.refreshRegisters();

The problem is that the reregistration not always work. An example when it does work - If I close the internet connection and get it back on after a minute - the registration succeeds without any issues.
In other cases like when there's a reset to the router, meaning an external reason for the connection loss, the reregistration procceed but I get a failure registering of "IO Error". I then can only register again to the server if I restart the device or if a really long time passes (can be more than half an hour).

What can be the cause of this issue?

Yonatan