Re: [Linphone-developers] RuntimeException when trying to initialize the

From: Sylvain Berfini
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] RuntimeException when trying to initialize the linphone core for Android
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 16:08:42 +0100

Hi Yonatan,

Did you add the following permission into your AndroidManifest.xml file ?

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA"/>

Cheers,

Sylvain Berfini
Software Engineer @ Belledonne Communications
Le 17/01/2017 à 13:05, Yonatan Nir a écrit :
I'm using the precompiled version of Linphone for an Android app.

When trying to initialize and get an instance of the core like this:

linphoneCore = LinphoneCoreFactory.instance().createLinphoneCore(ourLinphoneCoreListener, context);

I sometimes get this exception:

Error: cannot retrieve cameras information (busy ?)java.lang.RuntimeException: Fail to connect to camera service

This exception comes from this line inside Linphone itself:  org.linphone.mediastream.video.capture.hwconf.AndroidCameraConfigurationReader9.probeCameras(AndroidCameraConfigurationReader9.java:40)
The line is simply opening a camera:
Camera c = Camera.open(result);

What can be done about it? Now it crashes my app when it happens.

Thank you,
Yonatan