[Linphone-developers] Error in quality calculation?

From: Carriero Stefano I . MSCE_T_H14 . 1401
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Error in quality calculation?
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 21:20:07 +0000

Dear developers,

Today I went through the source code of Linphone to figure out how the quality rating is done.

By doing so, I came across the following lines in the file “linphone\mediastreamer2\src\voip\qualityindicator.c”:

[…]

static float compute_rating(float loss_rate, float inter_jitter, float late_rate, float rt_prop){

     return loss_rating(loss_rate)*inter_jitter_rating(inter_jitter)*loss_rating(late_rate)*rt_prop_rating(rt_prop);

}

[…]

Is it intentional that the variable loss_rate is used twice? I assume it’s a bug, but you never know…

Best regards

Stefano