[Linphone-developers] Audio recording

From: Peter Sinnott
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Audio recording
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 22:47:15 +0100

Hi,

I'm investigating liblinphone with a view to using it to write some sip connected IVR applications.

For these applications I will need to be able to record segments of the call. Sometimes I want to record just the caller , sometimes I want to be able to record both sides of the conversation (after conferencing in a second party).

liblinphone provides two sets of recording functionality (
   linphone_core_set_record_file and linphone_call_start_recording ) but it isn't clear to me how they differ. In my current simple case of 1 inbound call call seems to record both sides of the conversation and core just the inbound caller but I'm unsure how that translates when there are multiple inbound callers and possibly conferenced in parties. I presume call record is always scoped to the call but is core record global to all open calls?

Any clarification on how recording works gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter