[Linphone-developers] How can i use H.264 in the windows version ?

From: Lentes, Bernd
Subject: [Linphone-developers] How can i use H.264 in the windows version ?
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 19:02:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

i'm new to linphone and vc. We need to participate to a vc which is done with
the technic of the DFN (german research net).
They tested linphone 3.9.1 and say it works fine with their equipment.
http://vcc.zih.tu-dresden.de/index.php?linkid=1.1.5.4.24&&lang=en
I installed 3.9.1 under Windows 7 and i can connect to the vc and have an
audio, but no video connection.
The DFN reccommends to use H.264, but i can't choose that as a video codec.
Although i choosed to install it during the installation procedure.
I have a libmsopenh264.dll in the installation folder (D:\Program Files
(x86)\Linphone\lib\mediastreamer\plugins).
Do i have to install another codec from
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/linphone/plugins/win32/ ?

Thanks for any help.

Bernd

--
Bernd Lentes

Systemadministration
institute of developmental genetics
Gebäude 35.34 - Raum 208
HelmholtzZentrum München
address@hidden
phone: +49 (0)89 3187 1241
fax: +49 (0)89 3187 2294

Erst wenn man sich auf etwas festlegt kann man Unrecht haben
Scott Adams

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671