Re: [Linphone-developers] Google Play Store rejects app because of Linph

From: Duc Tran Anh
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Google Play Store rejects app because of Linphone old version
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 10:57:54 +0700

Hello Linphone supporter,

We develope an Android app and using your Linphone Source code. But our App is rejected by Google Play. So, we will tell you again the issue from Google Play:
[
Hi Anh,

Thanks for contacting Google Play Developer Support!

I'm sorry you're still having issues with this.

It looks like you've addressed the TrustManager security vulnerability, but your app is now being rejected due to a vulnerable Libupnp library.

I can see that Version 4 of your app has the following file in it, which contains a vulnerable version of Libupnp:
File in APK: lib/armeabi-v7a/liblinphone-armeabi-v7a.so

The vulnerable version of Libupnp in this file: 1.6.17

Please migrate your app(s) to use libupnp v1.6.18 or higher as soon as possible and increment the version number of the upgraded APK. Beginning May 9, 2016, Google Play will block publishing of any new apps or updates that use pre-1.6.18 versions of libupnp.

The vulnerability was addressed in libupnp 1.6.18. The latest versions of the libupnp SDK can be downloaded on the libupnp site, (https://sourceforge.net/projects/pupnp/files/). For help upgrading, see the libupnp support page, (https://www.vitamio.org/en/docs/Tutorial/). If you’re using a 3rd party library that bundles libupnp, you’ll need to upgrade it to a version that bundles libupnp 1.6.18 or later.

Please note that this is the only remaining security vulnerability associated with your app, so as long as this vulnerable library is updated, your app should be in good standing and all security concerns should be properly addressed, (as long as a different security vulnerability isn't introduced with your updated APK).

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please let me know. I'm happy to help.

Regards,
Forrest
Google Play Developer Support
Did you know we offer chat support in English? You can chat with us from Monday through Friday, 6 am to 3 pm PT.

So that we can send you more relevant information, please let us know your role and update your email preferences in the Developer Console.
]

1/ Fixing with old source code:
As your Email confirmation from your side, we followed it. But we can't run it. We don't know why. This is your suggestion:
[
Hi Anh,

You'll be please to know since today we replaced the de.timroes.axmlrpc library by the xmlrpc implementation in liblinphone.

If you update to the latest version, you shouldn't have this issue anymore. Don't forget to update the submodules.
Cheers,
]

2/ We download your new source linphone from GitHub:
We can't build and run with this source. Are you fixing this Library? Is this source running well or not? B/c it doesn't show any errors. App crashed when we run it.
[
https://github.com/BelledonneCommunications/linphone-android
]

Please give us the solution on this.