Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone_core_iterate System.AccessViolationEx

From: primalBlaze
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone_core_iterate System.AccessViolationException C#
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 03:56:42 -0700 (MST)

Hi!
You're likely to receive this message in a couple of circumstances:
- if the linphoneCore object is being accessed by other methods which are
not in the same thread (consider a mutex to govern access to the object) OR
- if the linphoneCore object has not completed initialization by the time
you enter the loop which calls linphone_core_iterate.

In my experience working with libLinphone in C# to date - which is VERY
limited, so I can't explain why this occurs - the second cause is most
likely. A quick fix is to add a Thread.Sleep of say, half a second, prior to
invoking LinphoneMainLoop. You could also perhaps reverse the order of the
code in the loop, so that your existing Thread.Sleep happens first.

Also, note that the recommendation is that linphone_core_iterate should be
called every 20ms to ensure that ICE works correctly, so you may want to
adjust that value from 55ms.

Good luck, and let me know if you figured out a better solution for this!

-Geoff R G Williams.