Re: [Linphone-developers] Sound issues on Linphone for Android

From: Nabeel
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Sound issues on Linphone for Android
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 07:57:31 +0100

Hi,

For issue 1, I disabled Noise Suppression module and Automatic Gain Control module. For issue 2, I enabled Echo Limiter module (see http://www.linphone.org/technical-corner/linphone/documentation). That seems to have fixed these issues.

Nabeel

Hi Nabeel,

I also get this issue like u and haven't found solution to fix.

Do u fix this issue? If yes, please show me the solution.

Thanks!

Bùi Đình Cường

Email: address@hidden
Skype: cuongdinhbui
Mobile: (84) 981 931 458

I am using Linphone on Android and have the following modules enabled:

1. Noise Suppression
2. Acoustic Echo Cancellation
3. Automatic Gain Control

Although the sound quality is very good, there are a couple of issues:

1. The very first part of each sound / sentence gets chopped out (fraction of  a second), possibly due to the microphone use not being sensitive enough.

2. On some phones, the caller can hear an echo of their own voice, regardless of whether they have the loudspeaker on or off or whether the volume is high or low.

Please advise which settings can be used to fix these issues.

Nabeel