[Linphone-developers] Help : Mediastreamer2 questions

From: cyril.anakstell
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Help : Mediastreamer2 questions
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 11:16:43 +0000

Hello everyone,

I am really new to linphone/mediastreamer/ortp and also just started developing. First of all, let me explain what I am trying to do.

I am developing a component of a media server that handles rtp streams. Most of the examples of Mediastreamer2 that I found were using either files or soundcards, so I am not too sure on how rtp IO should be used.

This is how I do it at the moment:

·         I create an audiostream with audio_stream_new

·         then, I create a new rtp session with all the parameters needed that will be used for the input and output sessions

·         I start the audiostream with io

·         I use rtp_session_send_with_ts to send data from the server to the remote machine when needed

Only the server is using Mediastreamer and on the remote side I am just using a softphone to make call tests to the server.

Is this the correct way?

How do I retrieve the decoded data received by Mediastreamer so I can relay it to my application? I can’t seem to find a solution for this.

The rtp_session_send_with_ts seems to be sending something since it tells me that 4108 bytes have been sent in the network but I don’t hear anything on the remote side.

For the moment, I think I have just created a loop because when I make a sound on the remote side, I just hear it being played back to myself.

Kindest regards,

Cyril Anak Stell

Thank you.