Re: [Linphone-developers] chat functionality

From: Stephen Davies
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] chat functionality
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 13:58:06 +0000

Hi Elias,

This link should help you add text message chat function to Asterisk.
http://highsecurity.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/asterisk-10-110-sms-messaging-or-sip.html

Once you have that working, the file/image sharing of the chat feature becomes quite difficult. There is a 'Sharing server' option under 'Advanced' in Linphone settings. This is used to set where Linphone posts files which is then sent as a link to the message recipient for download. I have the 'post' function in Linphone successfully posting an image to the sharing server but I cannot get my Asterisk installation to accept the media type (xml) in the message. Log file shows 'SIP/2.0 415 Unsupported Media Type' for messages that contain images.