[Linphone-developers] Caller ID display question

From: David Washburn
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Caller ID display question
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 08:02:05 -0400

Hi,
I’m new to Linphone and I am working on setting up a Raspberry PI home info
display - and one thing I would like to do is have it display is incoming
caller id. I would like my setup to lookup on the number in my address book or
small database to display my version of the person’s name and change the ring
sound played depending on who is calling. Alternatively I could run Linphone on
one of the Macs that is turned on all the time.

I have a VOIP setup and I have a SIP connection via Callcentric. I am currently
using a Cisco SP112 ATA device to connect my house phones to my VOIP vendor.

Is it possible to run Linphone as a command line interface/background job so
that when there is an incoming call it will activate a script (say in Python)
and pass it the caller id information? If not, does anyone know an alternative
method to monitor incoming SIP calls and grab the caller id info.

Thanks,
David