[Linphone-developers] python linphone RPI3

From: Alejandro
Subject: [Linphone-developers] python linphone RPI3
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 20:37:43 +0100

Hi all,

Is there any plan to bring a package specifically compiled to Raspberry PI 3?

We would like to carry out a profiling of linphone, and see whether video rendering can eventually be supported. The available python package with the sample script from https://wiki.linphone.org/wiki/index.php/Raspberrypi:start
takes around 39% of CPU in total (streaming video with the raspicam).

We can confirm that the "Enable self-preview" feature of the "linphone 3.6", which is the out-of-date version that is installed in raspbian by using apt-get, takes almost the whole CPU to show the video on screen. I guess that compiling the libraries, or implementing a specific filter for RPI3, would made video rendering possible, especially when the raspistill tool for taking pictures with the raspicam is able to render live video without significant cpu usage.

Any further comments on this regard will be very helpful.

best
Alex