[Linphone-developers] Linphone allocates unlimited memory, machine crash

From: John Newnham
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone allocates unlimited memory, machine crashes.
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 11:30:17 +1100

Hello everybody,

I have to deploy a SIP client on several hundred MsWindows Vista
machines (I know - old technology - what can you do?).  I have put
together a linux box with apache which serves an XML document.  This
tests okay on linphone-android.

When I enter the provisioning URL in linphone-desktop (v3), the client
reports "registration successful", and then uses 100% of one CPU core.
Task Manager does NOT report it consuming memory.  But the amount of
physical memory in use (at the bottom of Task Manager) rises by about
10% per second.  In only a few seconds, the machine is completely
unusable, and requries a reboot.  If linphone is killed immediately
after doing the account provisioning, everything is fine.

The bug is completely reproducible.  What is the best way to report
details?  Has anybody seen this, and is there a fix or work-around?

Best regards,

John Newnham