[Linphone-developers] detect silence

From: Cynthia He
Subject: [Linphone-developers] detect silence
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 20:03:58 +0000

We are writing an application that will record audio for all calls.  Since most
of the time, users are just listening in for announcement of events, we need to
be able to only record when someone is talking and stop recording when nobody
is talking.

I know that I can get play volumes and if it is below certain level, it may be
considered as silence.  The problem is how to detect volume has changed enough
to start or stop recording.  I didn’t find a callback for that purpose.  Or do
we just have to run a thread that checks for volume continuously (obviously not
very efficient)?

I appreciate any help!

CynHe