Re: [Linphone-developers] Making Calls using Linphone (via python on a R

From: David Watts
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Making Calls using Linphone (via python on a Raspberry Pi)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 00:16:30 +0000

Dear COIE,

I'm new to this myself but it's very easy. I hope that someone will help me [below] if I help you!

1) Basically login to your Pi and start Linphone in terminal by typing 'Linphonec -V' or '-C' or '-D'.
2) To make a call via command line in terminal type 'call sip:address@hidden' e.g 'call sip:address@hidden'
3) This will call your asterisk/whatever sip server from your Pi via the Linphonec terminal console.

All the best. I had this working very quickly with sound/mic but no video on my Pi3.

However, even though I have a PiCam enabled, selected as 'camera default' in Linphonec I cannot see any video no matter what I do. In .linphonerc I can see video enabled=1 etc but still no video (states audio only on call log). Anyone got this working with RPi from console? Any tips much appreciated as tearing hair out!

KR to you all

Dave, UK

Sent from my iPhone