[Linphone-developers] linphone_core_redirect_call does not parse the inp

From: Eugenio Bargiacchi
Subject: [Linphone-developers] linphone_core_redirect_call does not parse the input redirect_uri; bug?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:55:38 +0100

Hello,

Sorry if this is a duplicate, I sent it like a minute before my confirmation mail for the list arrived so I'm not sure whether my previous copy was silently discarded - it seems it was though.

Anyway, I was trying to use the command "transfer" in linphonec, but it kept failing with the message:

> 2016-02-15 16:59:15:033 ortp-error-uri parser error for [address@hidden:5066]

Turns out this fails since the address I was putting in as a redirect (address@hidden:5066) does not begin with "sip:".

However, other commands like transfer, call etc. work fine with inputs like these since in those cases the arguments get parsed by linphone_core_interpret_url and then to linphone_address_as_string. The former uses proxy information to parse the url and additionally fixes things like missing "sip:", and the latter turns it back into a char*.

I was wondering if I should do a patch about it. My doubt comes from the fact that the argument to linphone_core_redirect_call seems to be a "const char* uri", while in the other cases the parameters are "url". I'm not 100% sure whether there is a difference within the core between the two things (URL and URI) or it just happened that the parameters were called like that.

So are the two different? If so, would it be possible to allow transfer to use addresses without "sip:" anyway?

If they are not different I'll put a pull request to GitHub. Thanks for your time.

Best,
Eugenio