[Linphone-developers] caller id name on linphone android.

From: Russell Treleaven
Subject: [Linphone-developers] caller id name on linphone android.
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 15:13:40 -0500

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug report or feature request.

topology
linphone-linux<->freeswitch<->linphone-android

to reproduce

freeswitch prepends "did1-" to effective_caller_id_name: [1112223333]
example effective_caller_id_name: [did1-1112223333]

place call from linphone-android through freeswitch to linphone-linux

observed
inbound call shows as  "did1-1112223333" <sip:address@hidden>

place call from linphone-linux through freeswitch to linphone-android

observed
incoming call shows as  "1112223333"

expected
Both clients should display incoming calls consistently as
"did1-1112223333" <sip:address@hidden>

This would facilitate differentiating multiple did's connected to the same trunk.

Also facilitates differentiating between multiple users calling from the same did.
For example.
"alice" <sip:address@hidden>
and
"bob" <sip:address@hidden>

I would like to volunteer some of my time to help with the linphone project.

Sincerely

Russell Treleaven