[Linphone-developers] hifiberry and linphone

From: Bernhard Suttner
Subject: [Linphone-developers] hifiberry and linphone
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 14:10:48 +0100

Hi

I'm using linphone4raspberry 3.8.5 with python API and I get the following error:

Playing around with asound.conf I got:

Dec 8 17:16:00 raspberrypi alsa_open_w: Error setting params (for 1000754 micros)
Dec 8 17:16:00 raspberrypi alsa_set_params: Error setting channels.

I think, the main issue is, that linphone normally only use 1 channel (not stereo) but hifiberry does only support 2 channels. The general question I have is, is it possible to adjust this by changing the asound.conf? Does linphone use this configuration file? Or is it somehow possible to change the channels count with a configuration adjustment?

Was someone able to get Hifiberry running with linphone?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Bernhard