Re: [Linphone-developers] chatting encryption and decryption feature

From: محيي الدين
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] chatting encryption and decryption feature
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 21:05:53 +0000

Thank you Sylvain and Nick for your answers!

But  it would be better to have Linphone IM Encryption included in the binary packages, then have the option to enable it like you did with ZRTP.

If you have any documentation about this personalised protocol it would be fine

There is also problem with the chat, if you use ZRTP that means that the transfer after negotiation will be by SRTP which doesn't guaranty the delivery in case for example of a transfer of a picture! (I have often a very slow connection)

على 13 نوف, 2015 ‫ص 08:22، كتب Sylvain Berfini:
Hi,

The website limeprotocol.org has nothing to do with the LIME encryption we are using to encrypt chat messages.
Our LIME stands for (Linphone Instant Messaging Encryption) and is not a standard, it just uses ZRTP (which is a standard, rfc 6189).

Cheers.

Sylvain Berfini
Software Engineer @ Belledonne Communications