[Linphone-developers] Codec usage via plugin

From: nick.farrow
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Codec usage via plugin
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 17:06:55 +0000

Hi,

I could do with some help to clarify my understanding of this process.

I have stripped back the core of the G729 plugin(as a template) and changed out the specifics of G729 to my codec naming. It compiles and builds a library that is installed in the right dir.

If I invoke ‘linphonec –d’, I can see mention of the codec being loaded OK, but then nothing else. It does not appear in the list of available codecs.

I have been wondering if linphone has to know of all the possible codecs and then it matches a plugin to a codec definition that it knows about (as declared in oRTP/src/avprofiles.c and then registered in linphonecore.c and listed in the registrations contained within linphone_core_register_default_codecs(…).

If someone could help me here that would be great!

Many thanks

nick