Re: [Linphone-developers] ZRTP cache broken in 3.8.x?

From: Johan Pascal
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] ZRTP cache broken in 3.8.x?
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 04:34:00 +0200

Hi Liviu,
yes, please send me the log from the linux side. I still can't manage to reproduce it.

thanks,

johan

On 20/08/15 09:44, Liviu Andronic wrote:
On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Liviu Andronic <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 8:13 AM, Simon MORLAT <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

This is not a known problem at least. Did you make sure that both ends
clicked on verified button, which is the condition for the trustship to be
validated ?

Yes, on multiple occasions. I'll check it again, just to make sure,
but thus far with 3.8.x I can't remember the ZRTP cache working right
a single time. I tried removing .linphone-zidcache on my end, and now
I realize that it has *never* been recreated, even if on several
occasions both users clicked on Verified.

I tried this again, this time with the other user using Linphone
Android 2.4.1 (while I'm still using Desktop 3.8.5). We checked the
token, I clicked Verified, the Android user clicked Accept, both had
security feature shown as "locked". Yet the next call using same
devices we were again unverified. I checked, and ~/.linphone-zidcache
was still not recreated on Linux.

Would a log help here?

Regards,
Liviu

Can you replicate the issue
if you remove that file?

Thank you and regards,
Liviu

PS My set-up is 3.8.5 (my machine) and 3.7.x (the other machine).

Best regards,

Dear devels,
In 3.7.x I never had issues with the ZRTP cache: once I verified this
with a caller on a given device, for the next call the ZRTP status was
automatically set to verified. In 3.8.5 it looks as if the ZRTP cache
is always corrupt: whether I hit verified or not, every call the ZRTP
status will default to "not verified".

Is this a regression in the 3.8.x branch?

Regards,
Liviu

--
Do you think you know what math is?