Re: [Linphone-developers] how to start srtp by using ortp library

From: Johan Pascal
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] how to start srtp by using ortp library
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 22:10:46 +0200

Hi Priyaranjan,
latest version of oRTP doesn't deal with srtp wich is managed by mediastreamer2, oRTP just route the srtp packets.

See in mediastreamer2 source code: src/crypto/ms_srtp.c

Actual srtp protect/unprotect is performed by libsrtp, you may want to use the linphone project fork of libsrtp : git://git.linphone.org/srtp.git which avoid name conflicts with polarssl if you also use polarssl in your project.

Note: srtp keys initial exchange is performed in liblinphone by different mechanisms according to settings: sdes, dtls-srtp or zrtp and is out of scope of srtp itself.

regards,

johan