[Linphone-developers] DTMF dial pad

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: [Linphone-developers] DTMF dial pad
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 13:13:59 -0400

Hi, I am new to the developers list (but not new to SIP, linphone, etc.)
I finally got linphone Linphone 3.8.1-80-g9001632 built from source code
(many sub-libraries to upgrade/compile too...) after spending a month or two
at 3.7.
Previously I was running whatever was apt-get'able into debian stable (wheezy
at the time), but I wanted some newer things like the record button.

I am not happy with detached dialpad... it gets lost on my screen, and I'd
rather it was "docked" again... I don't know if this would be an easy option
or not.   I also wanted the letters on it (2=ABC, etc), and discovered that
I could edit the gtk/keypad.ui rather easily to get what I wanted, but the
letters should be in a smaller phone, and I suppose someone will want them
to be optional...  That exceeds my gtk-fu at the moment, but I thought I'd
mention it anyway.

What I really want is to be able to paste a string of digits into a box,
such as come from the silly webex box, and then have linphone send the digits
at a slow enough pace to be reliable...  It would be even better if this
could be driven by tel: URL via xdg-open...

[I'm told webex will go pure webrtc soon, so my days of having to run a
stupid jws app and then dial in anyway are numbered]

3.7 would crash at the end of every call.
3.8.1 is much much better.. but I did notice it crashed today when a second
call came in when I was already off-hook.

]     address@hidden  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [