[Linphone-developers] Configuring Linphone to use Opus on BeagleBone Bla

From: Matt Murphy
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Configuring Linphone to use Opus on BeagleBone Black
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 19:16:23 +0000 (UTC)

Greetings everyone,

I am attempting to build Linphone on my BeagleBone black (BBB) and I want to do some tests with the Opus codec installed. I have successfully put Linphone on another BBB and it works flawlessly using speex. My issue is that I can't ever get opus recognized when I run ./configure.

I always see the following:
checking for SPANDSP... no
checking for LIBUPNP... yes
checking for OPUS... no
checking for FFMPEG... yes
checking for SWSCALE... yes

I have tried installing opus-1.1 from source and ldconfig seems to indicate that all is well, because I see:

libopus.so.0 (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/local/lib/libopus.so.0
libopus.so.0 (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/libopus.so.0
libopus.so (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/local/lib/libopus.so
libopus.so (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/libopus.so

I have also tried using apt-get install libopus-dev opus-tools, but still no joy.

I can successfully use opusenc to encode a wav file, so I get some satisfaction from that.

But if I build linphone, I never see opus show up as enabled or disabled when I do a codec list command.

If it matters, I am doing configure like this:
./configure --enable-fixed-point --enable-opus CFLAGS="-march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -O3"

Any thoughts on what I can try to get this working?

Thanks for your help!

--Matt