Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone 3.8 STUN/ICE ignored on incomming cal

From: Filip Malenka
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone 3.8 STUN/ICE ignored on incomming call
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 00:06:47 +0200

Hi Jehan,

I am still looking into this problem as I could not achieve direct P2P
connections even with rtpengine on kamailio.
RTPengine should support ICE out of the box. And I confirm it supports,
but with other clients like Blink or CSipSimple which use their ICE
implementation. I could confirm this with seeing initial UDP traffic onn
server to be "released" and clients started to talk directly to each
other after a few seconds.
I could not reproduce this with Linphone and no RTP release does ever
occur. The clients continue to talk over the server, not p2p.

The one and only working setup is with using
rtpengine_manage("ICE=force-relay")
in the kamailio config file. This actually does work for certain
scenarios, but it does not work reliably. RTP gets released always, but
not correctly and there is occasionaly no audio or video or both..
CSipSimple and Blink work with pure
rtpengine_manage()
without any flags set.

Can you please confirm, that the info in this thread
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/linphone-developers/2014-10/msg00083.html
is still valid?
So ICE in Linphone works reliably ONLY with the linphone.org SIP
servers? What is different there from using kamailio + rtpengine?
Do I have to run my own TURN or STUN server too to get this working?
Shall there be any other module paramteres set (nathelper, rtpengine,
etc..)?

Thank you.
Filip