Re: [Linphone-developers] b256 SAS implementation for bzrtp

From: Johan Pascal
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] b256 SAS implementation for bzrtp
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 14:37:09 +0100

Hi Eli,
thanks for your patch. I had a quick look at it and it seems fine.

Note that until recently bzrtp didn't consider on reception of Hello Packets the mandatory algorithm if a non mandatory was present in the Hello, which lead to a ZRTP key exchange failure if peer give only a non mandatory algo (as it may do) in the Hello packet and self support mandatory algo only.

This has been fixed now and also the mandatory algorithms are always added to the set of available one, even if it shall work without, in the self Hello packet which ensure backward compatibility with old versions of bzrtp.

About having a dedicated zrtp_cipher_suites setting in the linphonerc, I didn't really check it but as far as I understood if present it will have precedence on the srtp_crypto_suite(which remains in force when using SDES) setting, am I correct?

I'll try to review more accurately and push your patches by the end of the week.

regards,

Johan