Re: [Linphone-developers] latest linphone on iOS 8 closes background con

From: Peter Villeneuve
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] latest linphone on iOS 8 closes background connections
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 20:34:50 +0000

Anyone else using linphone on iOS?

Can you please confirm this behaviour?

Thanks,

Peter

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Peter Villeneuve <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that iPhones that have iOS 8 seem to lose their registrations on the SIP servers?

I have my own SIP (kamailio) proxy setup with TLS (yes I know that iOS closes UDP sockets after some minutes), and it seems that iPhones that are still on iOS 7 stay registered in the background as they should, while iPhones with the newer IOS 8 seem to go offline and stay offline until the app is opened.

I have the exact same settings setup for both iPhones (with iOS 7 and iOS8), so that shouldn't be the problem:
TLS transport, Proxy set, Outbound Proxy checked, Edge Optimization checked.

Has something relevant changed with iOS 8? Has anyone managed to keep linphone registered in the background with iOS 8?

Cheers,

Peter