[Linphone-developers] Reduced mic sample rate increases audio playback d

From: Balder Mørk
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Reduced mic sample rate increases audio playback delay
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 10:43:16 +0100

I'm running Linphone on an Android device which will only record sound in 8000Hz. To make the microphone work, I added the following line to mediastreamer2/src/audiofilters/devices.c:

{ "2N", "IndoorTouch", "omap3", 0, 0, 8000 },

This made the microphone work, but it has the side effect of increasing audio playback delay from an almost-acceptable 0.8 seconds to almost 2 seconds (tested using mobile phone -> sip). This is very annoying during video calls, as the video has no noticeable delay. Am I using the right approach, or is there a better way to override audio recording settings without affecting playback?

Balder