Re: [Linphone-developers] bzrtp support for AES with 256-bit keys

From: Johan Pascal
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] bzrtp support for AES with 256-bit keys
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 13:37:43 +0100

Hi Ben,
thanks for the patch, I had a quick look at it, it's nicely coded but I found small issues: - packet parsing shall not add AES3 by default when empty cc description arrives: the patch in packetParser.c shall not be needed.(if it doesn't work without it there is an other problem)

Before merging it we must add in the libbzrtp API a function to select and order the algo actually used : someone may prefer to use AES128.

While mandatory algorithm only were available it wasn't needed but it shall be done if we introduce some non-mandatory ones. The idea would be to add in libbzrtp : - a function to retrieve the available algo after the context has been created. - a function to set an ordered list of algo to be used which would be called just after context creation. The ordered list shall be created by mediastreamer2 based on the retrieved available algo list and user preference.

Do you think you can add them to your patch on bzrtp?

This means we also must add a way to store the user configuration in linphone. I was thinking the easiest way would be to store it in the config file and access it only manually for now. I can implement this if you're lost on the way linphone manage the config file.

Last, this must be covered by automatic tests.(Key exchange between two users using different set of cipher block algo)

Also in order to merge your patch we would need you to sign the contributor's agreement:
http://www.belledonne-communications.com/downloads/Belledonne_communications_CA.pdf

regards,

johan