Re: [Linphone-developers] bug tracker

From: Gregory Nutt
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] bug tracker
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 19:06:57 -0500

I'll agree to that

Liviu Andronic <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 11:04 PM, Peter Villeneuve <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't think so.
> I have the exact same problem. I posted a bug about the Samsung Notes 2 and
> 3 here but never got any replies. I also noticed another user posted a
> similar bug here months ago and he was also ignored (and the bug continues).

I'd like to add my voice to this. Often I hesitate whether it is worth
my effort reporting this or that annoying bug that makes Linphone
unusable, simply because most of the times my reports on the ML get
unnoticed, or at the very least don't get any replies. From the users'
perspective, incredibly frustrating, as it's no fun when your efforts
are almost surely going to waste. And this most certainly dampens many
users' enthusiasm to help Linphone devels track down issues with their
open-source software...

So yeah, a real bug tracker would be so much nicer. As would be more
interaction from Linphone devels. Knowing that a bug was heard, that
it was discussed, and that it was decided to wontfix or to fix (and
that there is an approximate time frame, say, before the end of next
year) is most satisfying for your users...

Perhaps Linphone needs a dedicated community organizer, or similar?

Best regards,
Liviu

> In fact, if you look through the archives, you'll notice most bug reports
> never get any replies.
> Not the most organized open source project I've seen...
>
> On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 9:30 PM, Eric Toombs <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Does linphone have a /real/ bug tracker? I posted a couple bugs on this
>> mailing list a year ago or so, and they were just buried, which is what
>> usually happens on a mailing list.

Do you think you know what math is?
http://www.ideasroadshow.com/issues/ian-stewart-2013-08-02
Or what it means to be intelligent?