Re: [Linphone-developers] ZRTP advance mode

From: Werner Dittmann
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] ZRTP advance mode
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 09:42:11 +0100

May I step in here regarding the SAS:

If you use SAS dictionary (as you describe it) then *never* translate the words
into
local languages because this will lead to SAS mismtach. For example if one
party has
a English setup and thus uses the English words and the other party hase a
Spanish
setup then this party would use the Spanish words. In this case the parties
cannot
compare the SAS and verify it.

It's of utmost importance to have *same* list of words on both sides. This
is the reason why the 4-character mode (base32) SAS is easier to handle
internationally.
Many people, even in arabic ountries for example, are able to spell single
latin
characters and digits but it's very hard for them to read the sometimes complex
English words.

Regards,
Werner