[Linphone-developers] Linphone on Neptune Pine

From: Greg Nutt
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone on Neptune Pine
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 17:59:00 -0500

Greetings.  I have installed Linphone on my Neptune Pine and it works relatively well.  A few things I need assistance with.

1.        The Neptune Pine only has a “speaker phone” mode.  There is no ear speaker.  Is there a way to always default it to speakerphone mode?

2.       The Neptune Pine is 320x240 and defaults to landscape mode.  Linphone is the first SIP phone I have found that displays more or less correctly in this resolution in landscape mode, although it would be nicer if the numbers in the numberpad were a little bit bigger.  However, the phone’s default DPI is 120.  I have changed the DPI to 105 and now the numbers get shrunk and the rest of the dialpad gets enlarged.  This makes the numbers impossible to press unless it is in portrait mode.  However, Linphone by design appears to not allow rotation on phones.  This is a problem when you want it to rotate on the Pine as the Pine can be removed from the wrist band and turned to portrait orientation.  Right now I use an app to force rotation but it would be nice if that wasn’t necessary.

3.       In speakerphone mode I have been having issues with call quality.   It seems almost like it is in a half-duplex mode as when any noise on my side is occurring it is dropping sound remotely so I can’t make out what others are saying.  Anything I can do about this?