[Linphone-developers] Feature request: chat, sound, message-status

From: Nakonda
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Feature request: chat, sound, message-status
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 09:12:21 +0100

Hello Linphone developers,

I have installed Linphone on some devices within my family and we are very happy to use it every day :-)

As I am the "initiator" of this project, I have received some feedback from my family over the past weeks. So I'd like to pass it on to you as sort of feature request regarding chat feature:

- if there is no internet connection, or internet connection is lost before/during sending a chat message, all text input is discharged and lost.
-> request to keep the text of message until it is successfully sent.

- the sound that notifies about a new incoming message seems too quiet.
-> request to select a sound out of my system sounds

- Linphone shows green status "successful" on the sent messages, even if recipient is offline and the message has not been delivered yet.
-> request yellow status "in delivery" if message is under way, so the sender knows, that the message could not be read yet.

Please let me know, if there is a way to maybe activate one of the features above, or what your plans are about this.
I would like to keep my family motivated to continue using Linphone ;-)

Linphone 2.3.2-115-g3b4cc02SIO (rfc 3261) - installed from daily builds
on Samsung Galaxy GT-i9100,
Cyanogenmod 10.1.3-i9100 (Android 4.2.2)

Thanks and regards.

Rai