Re: [Linphone-developers] LinPhone

From: Hans Petter Selasky
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] LinPhone
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:01:44 +0100

On 11/20/14 09:37, Gautier Pelloux-Prayer wrote:
Hi,

Well, it is difficult for us to accept a patch on OSS because none of us use it
now, and we cannot ensure that the patch does improve the situation.
However, if you limit your patch to your specific oss driver, we will be able
to apply it on Linphone. If any other user encounters the problem again with
another driver, we might then reconsider your patch and apply it globally.

Hi,

Currently we apply this patch before building the official FreeBSD Linphone port, but it would be nice to have this upstreamed aswell. It is no rush on my side. If you need more time to test, no problem by me. Under FreeBSD OSS support is the best choice. ALSA and pulseaudio are simply wrappers for an OSS device.

There is a mechanism to drop data from time to time which is the jitter buffer
(see jitterctl.c in mediastreamer2 sources).

I'll have a look.

Thanks,

--HPS