Re: [Linphone-developers] Please dial down the extremely loud ring tones

From: Ákos Szente
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Please dial down the extremely loud ring tones
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 03:49:52 +0100

This is an even bigger issue with LinphoneWeb on a Mac, as the plugin sets the system volume to the loudest before playing the ringtone.

No matter how low my system volume is, the ringtone always gets played as loud as possible.

I use Linphone with headphones and my ears usually ring for a few minutes after receiving an incoming call. This is a ridiculous default behaviour. When a computer's volume is set below maximum, there's probably a reason for it. I think there's no need to override the user's decision.

Üdv: Ákos