Re: [Linphone-developers] LinPhone

From: Hans Petter Selasky
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] LinPhone
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 16:50:59 +0100

On 11/01/14 15:18, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
On 10/30/14 13:53, Gautier Pelloux-Prayer wrote:
Hi Hans,

Thanks for your contribution! However, there are lots of OSS
configurations and since your patch is changing several mechanisms, we
cannot ensure that it will not worsen the situation with some OSS
configurations/drivers.
Current solution has been tested for several years now and even if
this is not perfect, this works enough in all of them.

Hi,

What should I do in order for you to accept a change to the OSS driver.
Right now I see two problems:

1) OSS driver induced latency
2) Linphone buffer latency

Does linphone have a mechanism to drop audio data, if the buffers grow
too big? I see latency in the order of 1 second somtimes, and that is
simply unacceptable!

Ping - any more comments on this issue?

--HPS