[Linphone-developers] isComposing xml being shown in client

From: Peter Villeneuve
Subject: [Linphone-developers] isComposing xml being shown in client
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 16:38:34 +0100

Hi,

I recently noticed that the xml tag that linphone (Android version in my case) sends when a user is composing a text message seems to break SIP clients like Groundwire.

Specifically, Groundwire displays the full xml to the user that's receiving a text message from linphone.

Has anyone else seen this? Considering that Acrobits Softphone and Groundwire have millions of downloads, I imagine someone else has seen this annoying behavior.

I have contacted Acrobits support and am waiting for their answer, but in the meantime, as a work around, I'd like to know how one can disable sending the isComposing xml in linphone.

I don't see any options in the Settings menu in linphone. Can I safely remove this function from the source code? Where should I look to do that?

Thanks,

Peter