[Linphone-developers] Journey and Problems building liblinphone for Andr

From: Nicolas Zozol
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Journey and Problems building liblinphone for Android with macOS
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 22:15:46 +0200

Hi,
This is my first email on this kind of mailing-list. I hope I will do well. I'm very experienced with Java, ok with Android, and not at all with C.
My goal is to make a SIP call inside my own Android application. My colleagues have an Asterisk server perfectly set up.

Here I will show what I did, and what problem I had to resolve. Maybe I did something wrong somewhere, maybe it could help somebody. Unfortunately, I haven't succeeded yet.

I downloaded Android SDK and NDK and modified $PATH accordingly. I'm not sure I've downloaded the good NDK. There is a kind of matrix between the desktop processor and the targeted device.

1) Does it mean the final apk will be different for 32bits and 64bits ?

Then downloaded and installed linphone-android and libraries

$ xcode-select --install
$ git clone git://git.linphone.org/linphone-android.git --recursive
$ sudo port install antlr3 speex libvpx readline sqlite3 libsoup openldap libupnp
$ sudo port install ffmpeg-devel -gpl2

I first had trouble with the arm64 compiler with the ffmpeg lib. I don't need video so I've put :
    BUILD_VIDEO=0
in the Makefile, and it continued ok.

2) Is there a good way to remove the arm64 in the xcode cli settings ?

Then running make again, there was a problem much later with ant :

ant javah
make: ant: Permission denied
make: *** [javah] Error 1

But ant is not in my $PATH. So I've installed and with macport and gave weird permissions (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6087421)

$ sudo port install apache-ant
$ sudo chmod 777 /opt/local/bin/ant

I was able to continue the make. Then I had a Java error - those I prefer :)

    error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] @TargetApi(Build.VERSION_CODES.KITKAT)

You can list your sdk with android list target -c. I just had to download the KITKAT SDK with android tools.

Now I can continue again and I have :

src/org/linphone/LinphoneManager.java:129: error:

LinphoneManager is not abstract and does not override abstract method fileTransferProgressIndication(LinphoneCore,LinphoneChatMessage,LinphoneContent,int) in LinphoneCoreListener

    [javac] public class LinphoneManager implements LinphoneCoreListener {

This one looks more nasty. I can change the code and implement a null/empty method, but i will have thousands of doubt when a further problem will occur. I haven't seen anything about this on the web

3) I'm stuck there. Do you have a solution / opinion on this problem ?

Thank you for your attention,

---
Nicolas Zozol
Robusta Code : http://www.robusta.io
Just starting Rra, an open-source RESTful Java library