[Linphone-developers] Integrate hardware dialing buttons

From: Matías Néstor Ares
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Integrate hardware dialing buttons
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 20:29:55 -0300

Hello Everybody!
I'm new to linphone development and I need some help.

I'm trying to "seamlessly" integrate the desktop version of linphone with a PD241 device.

Reference image:
http://www.technoshop.gr/images/skype%20phone%20white.jpg

I managed to get the USB communication protocol for the device buttons.
And I'm getting the USB messages emitted by the device with libusbx.

My idea is to integrate this with linphone and submit it to be added to the program for general use.

the pretended result is to make possible:

-Answer a call or decline it by pressing the green and red buttons.
-Dial by pressing the numbers buttons.
-Clean the dial input textbox by pressing the clear button
-Maybe transfer or pause a call with some other remaining buttons

I have no experience with the linphone source and I'm seeking for some help to make it work.

I think, adding support for this kind devices, is a cool feature.

Best Regards