Re: [Linphone-developers] Opus 128 kbps

From: Jared Serbu
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Opus 128 kbps
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 11:48:27 -0400

I had a similar issue with the desktop version -- there doesn't appear to be any way to set the target bitrate from within the UI. I did eventually figure out a clunky workaround that allows you to stream Opus at any bitrate you like, but it requires some small modifications to the source code and building from source. If you're comfortable with that, let me know and I can try to pass along some tips....but there are no doubt many, many smarter people than me on this list who have better ideas.

One other consideration -- I believe the iPhone build of linphone uses the built-in echo cancellation and band pass filters in iOS, and unless there's a way to turn those off I don't think you're going to get much if any noticeable quality improvement by streaming at a higher bitrate.

-- Jared