[Linphone-developers] About Linphone Audio Conference Problems By Java

From: Jinjins Van
Subject: [Linphone-developers] About Linphone Audio Conference Problems By Java
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 12:03:37 +0800

Hi, everyone.

Now I try to merge some calls into a conference in my Android app, but I have some problems.

The description of the problems is as flows:

First

I wrote a method to call the selected friend’s sip: ” LinphoneManager.getInstance().callTo(sipid);”.Then in the class which named “LinphoneManager.class”, I add the “addToConference(LinphoneCall)” in the method “callTo(String address)” .The parameter “sipid” was transferred to the method inviteAddressWithParams(..,..) to create a LinphoneCall .That created LinphoneCall was transferred to the addToConference(LinphoneCall).

Then at the same time of add a LinphoneCall to a conference, I create another LinphoneCall used a known fixed sipid to add to the conference.

Then, I try to test the function. Connection can be established, but both the callers cannot hear to each other,and the third caller wasn’t added to the conference. And I make a LOG message in the code to show the size of the conference and to indicate whether the local user is part of the conference. The message shows the size of the conference is “1” and the indication whether the local user is part of the conference is “false”. But in the doc of Linphone, I see this:

void addToConference(LinphoneCall call)

Merge a call into a conference. If this is the first call that enters the conference, the virtual conference will be created automatically. If the local user was actively part of the call (ie not in paused state), then the local user is automatically entered into the conference. If the call was in paused state, then it is automatically resumed when entering into the conference.

But in my test result, the local user wasn’t automatically entered into the conference. I don’t know why.

Cause Liblinphone and all its dependencies are written in pure C, and I’m not familiar with pure C, so I’m confused that whether the method in JAVA “addToConference(LinphoneCall)” only establishes connection between the callers, does it do anything about transfer the audio stream?

Hope you put forward guidance to help me solve the problems, Thank you.

Regards.