Re: [Linphone-developers] New linphone crashes on Arch Linux

From: KheOps
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] New linphone crashes on Arch Linux
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 01:32:32 +0000

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 05:52:18PM +0300, igpg wrote:
> Lol, thanks, I was about to send the full valgrind trace, it was saying
> "memory leak".
> I cleared .linphonerc from call logs (I saw call from "\P" -weird
> symbols and actually when people call me I see very strange symbols
> instead of the names.
> Example :"\Uffffffff" <sip:address@hidden> - check the screenshot,
> the characters couldn't been copied.
> Also this message is shown each time I start the application.
> Could not start tls transport on port 2055, maybe this port is already used.

Just to add on this TLS thing: since the update to 3.7.0 on ArchLinux,
TLS support was broken because Linphone switched from OpenSSL to
PolarSSL and ArchLinux official repositories don't include PolarSSL.

This message you see on startup is one of the consequences of the loss
of TLS, of course in addition to not being able anymore to connect using
TLS to SIP servers.

I managed to compile Linphone 3.7.0 on ArchLinux with TLS support, I
will publish blogpost on this shortly.