Re: [Linphone-developers] Where did the TLS support go from 3.6.1 to 3.7

From: KheOps
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Where did the TLS support go from 3.6.1 to 3.7.0?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:39:49 +0000

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 02:02:37PM +0100, Ghislain MARY wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Linphone 3.7.0 no longer uses openssl. It uses polarssl instead:
> https://polarssl.org/
> It is possible that your distro ArchLinux do not package polarssl yet. But
> if you compile Linphone yourself, you should be able to make TLS work by
> compiling polarssl yourself.

Thanks a lot for the information. It is true that PolarSSL is not
(yet?) in the packages officially supported by ArchLinux.

Is there anything particular to know in order to link Linphone against
PolarSSL? Or should I just have it installed and it will be detected
automagically? I instinctively expected some options in the 'configure'
script to specify the path etc. (just like with any other external lib).

> Cheers,
> Ghislain

Best,
KheOps