[Linphone-developers] git clone errors while getting linphone source

From: Peter Hillier
Subject: [Linphone-developers] git clone errors while getting linphone source
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:20:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
I am setting up a new dev machine and tried to clone the git repository today (linphone-android).

git clone git://git.linphone.org/linphone-android.git --recursive
Submodule path 'submodules/externals/openssl': checked out '15dd32fa94cb183d9f4e7011787f80aace55a2dd'
Cloning into 'submodules/externals/opus'...
fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer
Clone of 'git://git.opus-codec.org/opus.git' into submodule path 'submodules/externals/opus' failed

Looks like that server is down. Unfortunately this terminates the entire clone operation. I was able to use http to get the opus code directly, but I am still missing the build of the code. So I tried to switch to these commands:

git clone http://git.linphone.org/git/linphone-android.git --recursive

Cloning into 'linphone-android'...
fatal: http://git.linphone.org/git/linphone-android.git/info/refs not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

So this is not working either. Is there another method or location to fetch the source? Is there a way to suppress getting opus?

Peter