Re: [Linphone-developers] I tried to generate an apk with different pack

From: Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] I tried to generate an apk with different package name, as seen in README, but without effect. How to do?
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 11:32:28 -0200

Hi Sylvain.

I have followed your instructions. Everything seems to be ok. But I still have
a pending question.

In my phone I have linphone-android downloaded and installed from Google Play.
Let's say linphone A.
I also have in the same phone the linphone-android that I have compiled with a
different package name, using custom-rules.xml modified . Let's say linphone B.

The software ddms that comes with Android SDK shows me that these 2 linphones
have different App description. It is good.
Linphone A has App description: org.linphone.
Linphone B has App description: br.com.customer.product.

However, if I install linphone A first and then B, just A can be registered,
even using different SIP accounts.
On the other hand, if I install B first and than A, just B can be registered,
even using different SIP accounts.

Is this behavior correct? Should I check something more about package names?
What?

Thank you !
Regards.

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho.