Re: [Linphone-developers] Question on linphone licensing

From: Jehan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Question on linphone licensing
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 09:15:33 +0100

Hi,

The license file of belle-sip was erroneously set to GPLv3. We reverted it to GPLv2.

Cheers

Le 24 déc. 2013 à 10:39, Simon Fang <address@hidden> a écrit :

Hi experts,

I'm confused about linphone licensing.

According to the linphone website, Linphone, liblinphone, mediastreamer2 are provided under the GNU GPL v2 license.
But the sip stack belle-sip code is using GPL v3, which is the default sip stack of linphone 3.6 now. So it makes me confused, why linphone is GPL v2.

If a library is released under the GPL (not the LGPL), does that mean that any software which uses it has to be under the GPL or a GPL-compatible license? (#IfLibraryIsGPL)

Yes, because the software as it is actually run includes the library.

It looks if use belle-sip, linphone should be GPL v3.

Who can help give a clarify?

Thanks,

Xiang