[Linphone-developers] How to change the ring tone and still get good qua

From: Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho
Subject: [Linphone-developers] How to change the ring tone and still get good quality in the played sound.
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 09:05:09 -0200

Hi.

1 - In linphone-iphone, the LinphoneManager set the ring tone to play the file
ring.wav.
2 - I have created a user setting scene (GUI) to provide options of others ring
tones.
3 - If the user selects sweet.wav, for example, the sound rings very  well. But
if he/she selects rock.wav, for example, it rings with poor quality. (these
files come with linphone-iphone project, in ./submodules/linphone/share/rings/)

I have gone deep into the code and I couldn't find any parameter that should be
changed before playing the rock.wav file.

Does someone here has some hint about what should I try to fix this issue? I'm
not expert in sound files.

Thanks a lot.

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho.