Re: [Linphone-developers] belle-sip patch for SIGPIPE

From: Jehan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] belle-sip patch for SIGPIPE
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 16:18:03 +0100

Hi,

SIGPIPE is only handled by Xcode. So you can safely "continue".

Le 9 déc. 2013 à 15:42, Matt Monte <address@hidden> a écrit :

All,

I ran across a boundary condition in bellesip/polarssl.

If you select TLS but then connect to a server that does not support it, the socket receives a reset and is closed before bellesip attempts another write. This generates a SIGPIPE signal which brings things to a halt under XCode. (It may be ignored in a release build, I haven't confirmed). There are two solutions:

1. Put in a global handler or global ignore - signal(SIGPIPE, SIG_IGN);

2. Set the options on the socket to ignore SIGPIPE on write.

I choose #2. Attached is a patch for stream_channel.c in stream_channel_connect().

Regards,

Matt.

<stream_channel.patch>