Re: [Linphone-developers] Port to libeXosip v4

From: Leonard Fodje
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Port to libeXosip v4
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 14:52:02 -0600

Hi Guillaume,

What are the rational and benefits of "belle-sip" over "exosip"? Can't see them anywhere on the list.

Thanks,

Leonard

-----Original Message----- From: Guillaume Beraudo
Sent: Monday, August 5, 2013 9:49 AM
To: address@hidden

Hello Felix,

Thanks for your contribution.
Exosip has been deprecated recently in favor of ¨belle-sip¨ (see rationals and
benefits on the list).

However we will still provide bug fixes for the old stack for some time and
have a branch for it. It would be nice to merge your patch there.

I had a quick look to the patch: you should not change the sal functions
signatures but instead access the exosip context in the salimpl through
salopbase->root.
Moreover, you should introduce a macro expanding to the exosip context:
#ifdef HAVE_STRUCT_EXOSIP_T
#define EXOCTX ctx->excontext,
#endif

Regards,